Activities carried out by High Yielding Variety (HYVP) Branch Are Belows.
• Implementation of Schemes of Paddy, Wheat, Maize, Cotton, Barley and Millets.
• Planning and Production of Seeds at the Government Seed Farms.
• Implementation of Seed Act and Seed Control Order.
• Supervising the activities of Seed Testing Laboratories.
• Coordinating with the Punjab State Seed Corporation, Seed Certification Authority, National Seeds Corporation and State Farms Corporation.
• Conveying varietal approval Committee Meetings and arranging notifications of varieties of various crops from Government of India.
• Arranging and assessment of requirement of certified foundation seeds production with Punjab Agricultural University and other Agencies.
• Liaison with the private seed growers for production and distribution of certified seeds.